Fantasy Hockey NHL Draftkings Lineup for December 14th
It’s Friday and there are a bunch of NHL games on. Today’s slate has 8 matchups. This guide was designed to help you draft your NHL draftkings lineup for December 14th.
Is it just me or does the Blues duo of Vladimir Tarasenko and Ryan O’Reilly (both under $6,000 on DK) look super appealing. The Avs are a good team and the Blues have been a let down this year. Having said that, both of those Blues players perform significantly better at home. The Avalanche have also allowed 5 or more goals in 3 of their last 4 contests and now 2 straight. I don’t think the Blues are going to go off for 5+ goals. I do think those guys have a lot of sneaky value though.
The Oilers are another team that I think make a great play today. That being said, I have a feeling they are going to be some of the most taken players (Chiasson especially).
The Capitals top line was back to their old ways on Tuesday with a healthy Oshie. It seemed to make a huge difference as the line had 8 points. Obviously Ovechkin and Backstrom would be a great stack to have. But I’d actually look at Backstrom-Carlson. Both are PPG players and have a nice matchup against a Canes team on the bail end of a back to back.
Detroit vs Ottawa looks like the most interesting game to me from a fantasy perspective. I think the Wings will win but there seems to be a lot of good picks here. Stone, Cholowski, Tkachuk, and Larkin all come to mind as guys I can see delivering good returns.
Top 3 NHL Draftkings Goalies under $8,000 are:
- Fleury vs NJ $7,600 – New Jersey has not been good in their last 10 games (2-4-4). Vegas has (8-2) been great in their last 10. I will be the first to say, New Jersey has won a lot more games than they’ve lost at home. But I like the Golden Knights in this game with how they’re playing. Fleury has won his last 2 starts and is 18-10-1 on the year.
- Howard vs Ott $7,800 – This game to me is a pick em’. Howard is 7-3-3 at home with a .927 SV%. In his last 10 he’s 5-1-2 with a .939 SV%. Ottawa has been scoring a lot this year, but Howard has played some really good hockey as of late. I personally see him facing a fair amount of shots. Let’s just hope he stops the majority of them and the Wings provide some help up front.
- Crawford vs WPG $7,100 – I know, I know. This one looks bad at first glance. Let’s look a little deeper though. Winnipeg is 1-2 (I know small sample size) in the 2nd game of a back to back. The Blackhawks just picked up a W so it’s not as if they are still in the midst of their losing streak. Crawford has played poor in his last 10 but he’s been solid at home. Going 5-5-1 on the year with a .926 SV% at the UC. It’s a risky pick, but at his low price point you could load up on offensive talent.
My top 3 Fantasy Hockey Sleepers for a Winning NHL Draftkings Lineup
- David Krejci – Krejci is looking like the vintage Krejci from the B’s cup runs. The Penguins are allowing more than 3 goals a game which bodes well for Krejci. The talented pivot is averaging 1o points over his last 10 and is riding a 4 game point streak.
- Alex Chiasson – The only downside to Alex Chiasson is he’s going to be one of the most picked players. For $3,900 you get a guy who’s playing on the top line with Mcdavid and Draisaitl. I don’t need to say anything else.
- Tyson Barrie – He’s the point man on the 2nd most dangerous PP in the league. He seems to be consistently undervalued Draftkings. If you’re going to pick up the Avs stack, Barrie is a available at a good price.
Good luck with your picks tonight. Keep in mind that these picks are only a suggestion. I cannot guarantee you will win anything.
If you have any questions please visit our contact page
Check out how I did on my previous picks